Sunday, January 29, 2012

What is Fear...

I hear from peers that I am "wise" because I am able to give good advice for dealing with life's trials, but why is it that I can't listen to the advice I give and solve my own problems. 

I can't seem to trust God enough to have control of my life, therefore I continually fall down.  This is the same trust I advocate others to have when they come to me with issues.  Today I realized that my major problem is I don't know what it means to FEAR the Lord.

I can't trust God because I don't fear him.  Church today paints this picture of a loving God  that we should never be scared of, but when reading the Old Testiment, people would almost pass out dead at the sight of him.  This scripture points out a legitimate fear, not just a respect for the Lord.

Proverbs 9:10 says "The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom." Many people, including myself, try to live our lives without God's direction, because we never think about the immense power that he actually wields.  His presence would immobilize us until he speaks the words "fear not" which would open us up to his loving nature. From here we can gain knowledge and live our lives the way he wants us to.

I need to stop trying so hard to do this on my own because I lose so much along the way.  Luckily when I finally realize how ignorant I am for not trusting my omnipotent God, he puts me back together better then I was originally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3U6BCUQqG8

I will remember to fear and trust God from now on because I know now I can't do this on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment